Sunday, April 15, 2012

Reflections of Vilnius and Lithuania

I thought I would give you a few thoughts on Vilnius/Lithuania, it was more modern here that I expected, it is only 20 years since they were rid of the Russians, I was wondering if the Russians every offered an apology, they maintained a brutal regime over the Lithuanians for at least 10 years after WWII, thousands were tortured & executed, hundreds of thousands were imprisoned or deported to far inhospitable parts of the USSR, was anybody tried for war crimes.

Lithuanians seem to be a very happy and proud people, they tried a pride in their appearance and how their neighbourhoods look, I think they will improve their economy from the generation that has been born since the early 90’s. The Lithuanian women are very attractive, I think of starting my own business – Lithuanian brides, there are some great lookers here.
Lithuania has only 3 million people but it has one of the top 5 International Basketball teams in the world, they love their 3 B’s Basketball, Beer & Bible.

I would love to come back here in some part of the May to September time, it was ok now, but a lot of the tours/places were not running.   
Here is the hotel I stayed at in Vilnius



No comments: