Saturday, April 21, 2012

A quiet and wet day in Tallinn

Yesterday after my run, I had to drag myself out of the hotel, it was raining outside and seem to be set in for the day, I decided to rug up and wander the cobble stone streets, I am becoming an expert on cobble stones, the Architecture is very similar to what I saw in Riga, narrow streets, buildings built next to each other, I bought a ticket for the Ferry back to Helsinki Monday, it leaves at 11am, the ferry's are nearly as big as cruise liners, I also then walked down to the Port which was about 1 1/2 kms from the hotel just to check where I have to go Monday, I noticed heaps of people buying alcohol & cigs from the supermarkets close to the Port, because Estonia doesn't tax it as much as Finland, people catch the Ferry over (2 hour ride) and buy up big, they bring back up to 100 litres of Wine and beer and about 20 litres of spirits, 20-20 cartons of cigs. Interesting enough, the prices here are a lot more expensive than in Latvia.

I ran this morning, even though it had rained overnite, it held off this morning, I went over to the athletics track I found yesterday, but it was all locked up, I found a couple of hilly streets, so I did a few hill runs (no sprints) instead.

I forgot to mention that Michael Buble is in town tonite.
Here is my Hotel in Tallinn.


1 comment:

Carolyne said...

Good report Roger.

Pity about the track being closed up - cobbled stones must be difficult to run up. I guess that you aren't catching Michael Buble tonight, but make sure that you stand well clear of the rear door on the ferry. remember what happens when they don't close it properly!