Friday, March 5, 2010

Rads Day of Gold

In the morning Rad did his 3000 metres while I iced up my hamstring again, he said that he was very happy in winning the Gold Medal in 17 mins 17 secs, which is a great run for a 82 year old, Rad is a inspiration to me, he is a young man at heart, I hope I can keep going like him, below is him with his Gold Medal at his ceremony.







In the afternoon Rad and I walked down the hill into the City area, it was very quiet, like a big country town, Rad had broken his glasses on the way over, so he thought he would get the frames replaced while he was here, we found a glasses place and he found that he could pick up his new pair the following day, I wanted to send a couple of post cards and we had trouble finding any, the dollar store had some general ones and I bought 2, we found the Post Office and then I sent them off, below is a picture of the City looking back from the uni where the Indoor track is.













nn

















No comments: