Saturday, March 6, 2010

Australian Masters Curling team training in Kamloops

Bob Banens arranged for us to try Curling at the Kamloops Curling Center in Town, a lady that helps out there gave us training, as you can see from the 2nd pic I hard trouble staying on my feet the first couple of times, Curling is like Lawn Bowls on ice, you have slide the Granite 'Rocks' from one end of the rink to the other, you can see the circles inside each other with the Blue then White and the Black mark in the centre of the Red circle, you try and land the rocks inside the circles closest to the Black mark. After the rock is released the other 2 people can then sweep in front of the moving rock to make it go faster. It was a fun afternoon, it was really hard, when you release the rock along the ice you normally slide with it for awhile but I couldn't do that so I let the 'Rock' go from the start.

















1 comment:

strewth said...

Good grief - that looks so hard! You did well - I would permanently be on my backside!!