Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rad strikes with 5 medals & Aussie relay success

Today was the last day (Saturday) of the Championship, my leg was still strapped up from the 1500 yesterday, it was still sore when I woke up, i put some more strapping on & a loop bandage with some more strapping, so my left thigh was now mummified, I took Rad to the track at 7.10am because he had a high jump at 8am and to check in by 7.30 and he wanted to warm up, we started to do some laps on the outdoor track, i went about 50 metres and realised that I wasn't going anywhere today, so I pulled out of the half-marathon, it was disappointing but I had done my 1500 yesterday and I thought in the back of mind that I wasn't going to make the half.enIt didn't worry me that much because I watched some great 400metre & 1500 metre finals, Australia picked up another 5-6 medals in those events.

Rad on the final day got 5 medals, Silver -high jump, 1500M, weight throw, Bronze - triple jump & 400M, report on this later. In the afternoon we had the relays for all the ages, it was a 4x200 so each leg ran 1 lap, we had 6 relay teams and they all won medals, we did Australia proud -: Gold - Womens 60, Silver - Womens 35 & 40, Mens 40, Bronze - Mens 50 & 60. Below is a number of pics from the realys.

To my sister Carol I did get your message, thanks for reading all my crap over the past couple of weeks
















No comments: