Thursday, September 16, 2010

A day in Weymouth

This morning I got up at 6.30am and ran around to Bobs place and we went and did about a 10km run, we followed the coastal path into town, great views over the city, went past the Nothe fort, because of possible French invasions in the 1860's they built 3 Forts around the area. When we ran into town we went down to path that runs along the foreshore, the beach looks great, it has real sand. We then ran up past the harbour and then back along the main road, I had to get back early breakfast at the Guest House was 7.45 to 8.30am, so you need to get in on time. I got back about 7.50am had a quick shower and then had quite a good breakfast, cereal, coffee, toast & hoot food of bacon, sausage, hash brown, baked beans and a fried egg.

After breakfast I went back around to Bobs place and we took off for Dorchester, we went to the Hospital and Bob popped in to see Carolyne and then we went to the Wednesday markets there, Bob picked up some cheese & nice pork chops, I bought a couple of bakery items.

We dropped the car back and then walked into Town and went for a coffee, this place had enormous cups, I had the medium one and it is the biggest cup I have ever had, the Large has 2 handles, Bob left me into town while he headed back to Dorchester to see Carolyne, I wandered around town, bought a couple of things and then walked back to my Guest house via the coastal path that I ran on this morning.

No comments: