Saturday, February 27, 2010

Heading North

I didn't run this morning, I woke up a bit sore in the upper right leg, I might have over done it yesterday with 2 runs, a couple of days rest won't hurt me.
I headed out of Billingham today heading north to Canada, I wasn't aiming to get all the way to Kamloops, but I was getting tired and I did stop at Merritt which is about an hour or so from Kamloops.

The drive was very interesting, it was only about 50kms to the US border, I didn't go the same way towards Vancouver, you head a bit north east along some minor roads, the country side was pretty flat, I filled up at the border, prcie of petrol is a lot cheaper in US (75-80c Aus a litre) than Canada ($1.10-1.15 Aus).
Once I was in Canada the weather was getting a bit more cloudy, more rain and then when I was getting into the mountains, there was plenty of snow along the road, but the roads were cleared, I hadn't expected this, I am a bit worried if I want to head further north than Kamloops, the roads could get worse than what I have seen, and the car is not really setup for snow conditions.

I have stopped at the Motel 8 in Merrit, for $85 a night it includes breakfast and free wireless internet.

No comments: