Monday, February 22, 2010

Arrived in Portland Oregon

I had a long day today, after doing a run around Lake Gin. I caught a Murrays bus up to Sydney Airport, for $15 one way it is good value, nearly quicker than flying from Canberra to Sydney, today was the day of queuing, getting my boarding pass, going thru security, getting into the Departure lounge for my flight with United Airlines to Portland via Los Angeles, they were really making sure nothing illegal onto the Plane, I forgot to take my small bike pump out of carry on bag, I had to explain a couple times what it was.
The flight was good, food was ok, United were really good value, I then had a couple of hours wait in Los Angeles, I wandered around, got a coffee and some food, I stuck my head into one of the eating places that had the basketball on, so I could watch the end of the Orlando - Cleveland match, its not like me to watch any sport.
I then flew to Portland in a small 64 seater arriving around 4pm, the toilet was small even for my height, I would hate too see how a 6' 5" guy goes in there, I picked up my rental car, a nice Suburu Imprezza and I then drove into Portland Downtown and got to the Motel 6 that I booked. I then wandered down to the Basketball stadium where the Portland Trailblazers play and bought a ticket to the game tonite against Utah Jazz, ex Canberra AIS player Patty Mills plays for Portland, I hope he gets some court time, I will give you an update to the game later.

No comments: